Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lost: One Government

Tonight it was discovered that one government, belonging to Adam B is lost. This discovery was made after a convoluted conversation after dinner. The B family was celebrating the birthday of Aaron, father and husband to the family, when he declared his age. The following conversation is what took place.

Samuel was astonished and declared, "I'm going to be seven on my next birthday!"
Adam, "I'm going to be five!"
Aaron: "What are you going to do, skip age four?"
Adam: "Uh huh! I going to be five!"
Then more discussion about how it wasn't possible to skip and age, all the while Adam declaring he was going to do it.
Aaron replied, " How are you going to do this? Write some letters? Write your congressman?"
Adam: NO
Samuel: What's a congressman?
Aaron: A congressman is someone who represents you in government.
Adam: Not my government!
Startled laughter from the adults
Aaron: What kind of government do you have?
Adam: It's underground. I lost it. It's going to get a ladder and climb back up.

1 comment:

Liz Autry said...

don't you just love what comes out of our kids mouths!